Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Marking your territory

I've been trying (sort of) to get back into shape. I'm not ginormous or anything, but I sure do need to firm the old lady up. So I've been walking in my neighborhood early in the morning. I've taken to dragging my wonderful son along with me, and it has proven to be one of my favorite times of the day. We talk about all kinds of things. Movies, literature and life in general. And as we're walking I point out all the dog poop along our journey. Not because I love poop, but I'm alerting him to the dangers of stepping in it. I'm sure he sees it for himself, and yet I must announce a new sighting each and every time.

There is a section along the way that some one has marked the pavement with spray paint. I'm pretty sure it's Zorro. About every 3 yards a white Z is painted. So we remark to each other....Zorro was here, oh look Zorro was there too. And so on and so on. But right next to one of the Z's is a big pile o' poop. Hmmmm....Looks like Zorro pooped here. Oh ..hahahahahaha. Aren't poop jokes the funniest? Maybe I do love poop.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't help but imagine just how that took place...Zorro zipping down the street, making his mark all along the way; when suddenly he felt the need to squat and crap right there?! Geez. Zorro must be getting verrrry old, if he has no more notice than that!

I loved this story---admitting that even if it means I like poop, too.